Our dedicated employees are continuously exposed to training and educational opportunities. Courses are conducted at the job site and at regional and off-site learning events. Computer-based training and web-based conferencing through GCAware™ Learning gives us the ability to deliver the most advanced job practices to our employees in real-time.
Employee development activity is ongoing throughout the year and is based on predetermined schedules, as well as a standardized curriculum.
At GCA, a strong emphasis is placed on employee knowledge, skills, and attitude. We believe this effort is critical to successful performance on the job, as well as individual employee growth. Our continuing ability to promote qualified candidates to Supervisor, Site Operations, and Regional Manager positions is evidence of our ongoing commitment.
Every new GCA employee must complete a mandatory training program. Areas of concentration include safety protocol, quality standards, chemical handling and equipment usage. Training on specific tasks and site requirements are added according to client needs.
Using technology to our advantage, all training tools are available to employees across the country. GCAware™ Learning provides 24 hour Internet access to educational material for employees who desire independent study both on and off the job.
GCA's managers attend various events and seminars where new training techniques, materials and ideas are brought to light in the industry. Best practices and innovative concepts are incorporated into GCA's procedures and shared with our staff on a regular basis.
In addition to a formal training process, our Corporate Training Team works to increase employee skill levels and ensure quality service through aggressive initiatives such as:
- Newsletters and Bulletins
- Training Method of the Week
- Safety Briefings
- Random Quality Inspections
- On-the-Job Skill Assessments
- Knowledge Assessments
- Supervisor/Manager Coaching
- Internal Manager Conferences
We are proud of our employee accomplishments, successes, and their dedication to the services they provide.
A partial listing of our training curriculum includes the following:
- Cleanroom Cleaning With A Full Mock-Up Training Facility
- Restroom & Office Cleaning
- Floor & Carpet Care
- Specific Cleaning Methods
- Equipment & Supplies
- Team Cleaning
- Hazard Communication
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Sexual Harassment for Managers
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Back & Lifting Safety
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- New Employee Orientation
- On-the-Job Skills Training
- Site & Client-specific Training
- Grounds Care & Site Management
- Facility Services & Maintenance
- Supervisor & Lead Training
- Manager Training
- Human Resources Processes and Procedures
- Ongoing Services Training